How it Works
We run a bath of boiling salt water over fresh sustainably harvested seaweed while you retire to the steam room to get your pores open. When you return to your bathing room you add as much cold water until your desired bathing temperature is reached. You then soak in this wonderfully nutritious bath and absorb all the minerals. When you have finished there is a pulley string over the bath which releases 30 seconds of ice cold spring water to close your pores.
- Immerse your head or place seaweed on your hair – it is a wonderful conditioner
- Take some seaweed and use it as a cushion behind your neck for extra comfort
- Drink lots of water during and after treatment
- Take your used seaweed home – it is an excellent fertiliser and nutrients still remain even after bathing – Do not though place it directly near plants as it can be too strong.
- Sit back, relax and take in the wonderful views of Killary Harbour or take a selection of magazines from reception to browse while bathing
- If at any time you feel lightheaded from the heat – drink water and pull the ice cold spring water lever over the bath to cool
All our water is chemical free and the salt water is taken from the wild Atlantic coast.
Seaweed Bath Offers
Our Seaweed Baths are €25 per bath – providing an hour of relaxation and recuperation on the banks of Killary Harbour.
Or Book 5 Baths and get 1 Free – this offers allows for you and a group of friends to enjoy the benefits of a bath after enjoying the wilds of Connemara or perhaps treating yourselves to a couple of baths over a weekend stay. If you are lucky enough to live in the area, the health benefits of a series of baths has been well documented, view some testimonials from previous customers in our Seaweed Baths Health Benefits page.